In the absence of the center manager, this position has ultimate responsibility of entire center operations, including production, quality compliance, Finance, HR and IT. In most Centers, the Assistant Manager will have primary responsibility for day-to-day center operations. Serve as the main management support to CSL Plasma services center manager.Ensure on-going improvements and act as liaison with all corporate functions to ensure center compliance and performance.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- In the absence of the center manager, overall authority over center operations production goals, monitor net yields and implement improvement plans as required. Meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and maintain operational records.
- Independently determine center labor usage to meet business needs. Support meeting the established center production goals.
- In collaboration with center manager, manage all inventories to the optimum levels by maximizing efficiencies, customer service levels and minimizing investment. Support meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and maintain center’s operational records.
- Ensure efficient donor flow throughout the center. Identify problem areas and implement corrective action as needed.
- In collaboration with center manager, ensure compliance with all Company SOPs and applicable federal, state and local regulations. Perform nearly all staff tasks and duties at a proficiency level adequate for training and critiquing employees in the performance of those tasks and duties.
- In absence of center manager, responsible for all aspects of financial oversight. Responsible for center production goals. Monitors net yields and implements plans for improvement when required.
- Consistently meets daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and maintains center’s operational records.
- In collaboration with center manager, ensure meets financial targets at all times and adheres to cash management, financial reporting, and other financial responsibilities.
- In collaboration with center manager, support the center philosophy of continuous improvement. Collect and analyze data to maintain and improve center quality, efficiency and profitability. Implement effective corrective action plans when appropriate.
- In collaboration with center and quality management, assist quality compliance by meeting company, regulatory and customer requirements to safeguard the purity and efficacy of the plasma and the safety of donors and employees.
- In collaboration with center and quality management, assist with all audits by working with quality personnel and QA team to develop effective corrective action plans to address any areas of deficiency noted during audits.
- Follow all HSE and OSHA policies and procedures. In collaboration with center manager, ensure the center and all employees comply with OSHA regulations and training. Complete all OSHA record keeping and reporting requirements.
- In collaboration with center manager, maintain clean efficient work environment, and ensure center has sufficient operating supplies and forms. May conduct routine internal procedures and documentation audits.
- Support facility maintenance to highest safety, compliance and cleanliness standards. Partner with corporate facilities to ensure center compliance at all times.
- In collaboration with center manager, conduct recruitment, training, development, counseling and termination. Manage effectively employee turnover within center operations. Adhere to HR policies and practices through fair and equitable treatment of all employees. Communicate effectively with HR to ensure compliance.
- In collaboration with center manager, ensure excellent customer service by all staff. Provide a model of good customer service to employees. Communicate openly with customers. Effectively resolve complaints or concerns.
- In collaboration with center manager, support all marketing and advertising to ensure effectively executing programs for desired results. Make applicable recommendations to improve effectiveness.
- In collaboration with center manager, represent the Company and center in the community and with other business, local publications and vendors.
- Maintain confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to support business needs.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
CSL Plasma is an EEO/AA Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or biological sciences program or equivalent combination of education, training and experience required
- Minimum 2 year supervisory experience or minimum 4 years in a leadership position required in a medical, quality, or regulated environment preferred, or completion of CSL Plasma leadership development program
- Excellent critical reasoning, decision-making, and problem solving skills to analyze situations, determine risks, find solutions to prevent future issues and resolve recurring defects
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details to handle multiple tasks, short deadlines, frequent interruptions, and shifting priorities in support of changing company objectives
- Strong leadership, training, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal and presentation skills to drive results
- Understand regulatory standards, various local, state and federal laws that apply to the business and where to find information on standards and interpretations
- Proven skills in budgeting and financial management preferred
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.