This position is responsible for coordinating and managing training activities, policies and processes at the Center level.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Participate in Center leadership team meetings to understand center training needs.
- Attend and participate in training conference calls to ensure understanding and clarity of corporate initiatives to deliver, and that the appropriate documentation is completed and filed.
- Coordinate and may deliver location specific training for center employees and ensure the appropriate documentation is completed and filed. Research and contact subject matter experts to resolve any training questions.
- Support and maintain the Learning Management System to ensure data integrity, report generation, and data analysis to comply with company and regulatory standards.
- Schedule, coordinate and monitor the delivery of all training, such as, new hire, annual, and any retraining to meet center or other training and regulatory requirements. Ensure using the most current version of training materials at the Center.
- Maintain up to date and relevant SOP’s, other procedures, and area technical competencies in order to effectively deliver technical training to employees.
- Organize and facilitate New Hire Orientation. Schedule and monitor 90 day On Boarding activities.
- Collaborates with center management when viewing the Quality Management System to identify, coordinate and deliver retraining for the purpose of correcting or improving operational or quality issues.
- Track and coordinate CPR and medical license certification renewals. Coordinate employee participation in training or other initiatives provided by external resources or vendors.
- Maintain and audit training documents and files to ensure compliance with company policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Train, direct, and coordinate Designated Trainers to ensure understanding and clarity of training initiatives, and utilizing appropriate documents. Provide input into assessing Designated Trainers performance, as applicable.
- Interact and utilize the Corporate Learning and Development (L&D) team as a resource for training materials, processes or guidance. Track and trend training KPIs. Participate in L&D or external training coordinator programs/materials to maintain and enhance skills.
- Maintain clean efficient work environment, and ensure sufficient operating supplies and forms are available. Comply with all Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Conduct routine internal procedures and documentation audits, as applicable. Promote safety in all actions.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all local, state and federal regulations and laws to include, but not limited to: ADA, Civil Rights, EEOC, FDA, GHA, HIPAA, and OSHA.
- Maintain an environment free from harassment or intimidation of any employee by co-workers, management personnel or any external source. Immediately report (orally and/or in writing) all incidents of harassment to a manger and HR.
- Maintain professional image and confidentiality of all company records and information at all times.
- May, be cross-trained in all technical areas and other functions to meet business needs.
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
CSL Plasma is an EEO/AA Employer
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or biological sciences preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience in a training or education role, preferably in a technical or health care environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to conduct training using effective training techniques.
- Strong critical reasoning, decision-making, and problem solving skills to analyze situations
- Organizational skills and attention to details to handle multiple tasks, short deadlines, frequent interruptions, and shifting priorities in support of changing company objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal and presentation skills to drive results
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and electronic Learning Management Systems preferred.
- CSL Plasma senior technician level and designated trainer certification preferred.