Required Education and Experience:
- 4 year undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or a similar quantitative disciple.
- Seven to ten years of successful and progressive IT experience in a manufacturing and distribution environment.
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus, but not required.
- At least 3 years in a leadership role developing IT talent within an organization.
- Proven track record of success with IT in a manufacturing and distribution environment for multiple sites and multiple business units and specifically, in areas and technologies of responsibility (e.g., applications, infrastructure, and business intelligence).
- Experience working with business owners and employees to help drive significant improvements in business performance.
- Successful track record in driving continuous improvement within an organization utilizing lean and six-sigma tools.
- Proven track record of attracting, retaining and developing an IT staff capable of delivering superior results.
Personal trait profile:
- Provide clear and concise oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the company.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality as needed.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead employees and translate the vision of the company into actionable plans.
- Work up, down and across the organization as a team player.
Job Purpose Statement
The Information Technology Manager leads specific areas of the information technology function for the company (e.g., applications, infrastructure, business intelligence, electronic commerce). The Manager is responsible for creating a high-performance IT culture that emphasizes quality, responsiveness, customer service, productivity, high standards and results. The Manager is responsible for partnering with business owners throughout the company to deliver superior results. The Manager coordinates the delivery of IT services, policies and initiatives; ensuring IT policies and processes support the company's strategic objectives and are in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
The position reports to the Vice President of Information Technology and assists and advises Company Managers and employees about IT related capabilities, issues and business performance improvement opportunities. The position requires attention to detail and accuracy, high energy, forward thinking and the ability to adapt to changing business requirements while maintaining consistent and reliable IT solutions and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Information Technology Director and business owners to establish challenging IT goals, plans and objectives that support the company's vision.
- Manage and maintain positive working relationships with IT solution and service providers.
- Oversee day-to-day and project related IT activities to ensure positive results are achieved in the areas of customer service, on-time delivery and business case attainment.
- Oversee, review and report on all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Implement timely corrective action when necessary.
- Help the organization understand the capabilities of current IT resources and find ways to improve productivity and overall business performance.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Design and implement lean concepts and principles within the IT function and fully support lean initiatives throughout the company.
- Define tasks and requirements to the appropriate level of detail to enable accurate and timely implementation.
- Work with Information Technology Director to allocate IT resources to the highest impact initiatives.
- Understand, interpret and enhance business owner requirements in order to deliver world class solutions.
- Hire, retain and develop a high performance staff.
- Facilitate discussions and consensus among various project stakeholders.
- Establish and support a positive work environment based mutual respect, honesty, team work and continuous improvement.
- Maintain 24x7 availability to address critical business and/or IT issues.