The basic function of the inventory control specialist is to ensure the accuracy of inventory and payment handling and compliance with established policies via consistent visits to assigned locations. The findings will be reported in a timely and unbiased fashion to appropriate management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are essential in the daily execution of the position:
• Ensure that store/DC personnel are following established policies and procedures regarding inventory and payment control.
• Make assigned visits to stores and DCs.
• Conduct inventory and cash spot checks to ensure accuracy and integrity
• Provide ongoing guidance and support to store and DC management personnel in regard to inventory and payment controls.
• Conduct/observe full store/DC inventories as assigned.
• Audit various reports as assigned and communicate results appropriately.
• Field questions/problems via email and phone.
• Track daily transfer responses and make appropriate adjustments.
• Business Knowledge: Fully understands product flow within HP system for stores and DCs.
• Time Management: Must be able to use time efficiently, as much of the job entails travelling to assigned locations as well as office work.
• Problem Solving Skills: Must be able to work in a team atmosphere with store and DC personnel while providing guidance and solutions to problems.
• Communication Skills: Must be able to provide feedback to store/DC personnel as well as direct supervisor/manager in a professional and timely fashion. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
MINUMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Must be willing to work a schedule that meets the needs of the department, including appropriate amount of travel. Should expect moderate travel.
• Must reside in vicinity of assigned territory.
• Must have excellent working knowledge of HP system, including all applicable screens, programs and reports.