Position Type: Full Time
Job Description: ESSENTIAL FUNCTION:
The Regional Delivery Manager position is responsible for assisting in the development of Home Delivery and Supply Chain Management strategy and implementation of that strategy within our Home Delivery Centers and our Cross docks with in a defined Region. This responsibility includes the entire DC systems infrastructure, inclusive of strategic planning, asset management, home delivery operations, and working closely with our Delivery Providers to provide World Class Service. This position supports the strategic objectives of hhgregg by leading, developing and implementing programs that drive financial and operational success while enhancing the in home customer experience. This position reports to the Director of Delivery Operations. Must exhibit regular on time attendance for all scheduled shifts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities of the Regional Delivery Manager are essential in the daily execution of the position:
• The development and implementation of Distribution and Delivery operations programs are facilitated through the use of effective budgeting, planning and collaboration with Distribution Centers, IT, Finance, Merchandising and Store Operations.
• Accountable for leveraging technology to drive improved efficiencies and economies of scale. Inclusive in these programs is the leadership and development of WMS systems, Electronic Delivery Systems, and TMS processes.
• Position will also work closely with DC Operations to insure proper development of new facility design, network analysis, project scheduling, equipment procurement, and start up activities that are the foundation for a world class customer centric retail distribution organization with a national footprint.
• Create and maintain strong cross functional teams and strategic alliances to achieve objectives.
• Deliver results through effective utilization of resources and tools.
• The Regional Delivery Manager will be responsible for closely working with our Delivery providers to ensure certification, compliance and staffing are up to company expectations.
• This position will be active in the recommendation of strategies for improving delivery customer service levels, management reporting, and overall distribution center efficiencies.
• Evaluate and make solid recommendations on strategies to meet pre-established objectives
• Deliver results through effective project management and proper utilization of resources and tools.
• Ensure strong standard operating procedures and training materials are developed to match system design while insuring high production rates, inventory accuracy and overall operations effectiveness while maintaining a highly engaged workforce.
• Drive initiatives to successful completion through comprehensive project management skills.
• Customer Service: Leads the organization in using customers’ wants and needs to screen all decisions and actions; ensures that the customer’s perspective is taken fully into account. Creates and reinforces a customer service mindset throughout the organization.
• Developing Associates: Provides frequent, constructive feedback to continually improve performance. Grows talent by coaching for execution; provides frequent, candid and direct feedback to others. Give others feedback on both their results and on how they achieved those results.
• Business Knowledge: Focuses intensely on using levers that drives profitable sales, margins and expense control. Invest dollars and resources that achieve the greatest returns.
• Sense of Urgency: Holds associates responsible for their actions and results. Acts with urgency when resolving associate, customer, or business problems.
• Team Skills: Values diverse people; shares ideas, communicates honestly and respects others. Communicates effectively with others from diverse backgrounds and perspectives and adjusts communication style as appropriate. Builds mutual understanding, consensus and support among team members by communicating in a way that promotes understanding and commitment.
• Change Initiative: Drives change that aligns with strategic priorities. Makes and communicates fact-based decisions. Takes initiative to build own awareness and understanding about business reasons for change.
• Problem solving Skills: Creates a “can-do” environment; encourages others to be enthusiastic, about indentifying opportunities, solving problems, dealing with change, and executing with speed and purpose. Helps associates envision personal benefits and positive outcome of change. Makes decisions quickly based on available information and appropriate assessment of risk.
• Two Way Communication Skills: Communicates to team and keeps team abreast of information needed to perform their job. Creates and environment where people feel free to speak open and candidly. Sets the stage for productive conversations.
Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS;
• Must be willing to work a schedule that meets the needs of the customers.
• 7 -10 years of management / supervisory experience in leading engineering team or equivalent
• Exemplary communications skills at associate and business executive levels.
• Self starting leader with excellent scheduling and follow up record
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operating procedures that impact the customer experience and operational efficiency.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to develop, plan implement, short term tactical plans and long range strategic goals.
• Organization and time management skills. Multi-task prioritization.
• Solid understanding of the industry and business competition.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, Required
• Technical skills including, general computer skills, Project management, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, process flows, knowledge of material handling equipment, WMS system functions, supply chain flows, logistics operations, and general retail knowledge.