The Human Resources Coordinator will partner with other HR team members in various aspects and functions of Human Resources. The HR Coordinator will directly support and assist the Chief HR Officer and Vice President of HR in carrying out department projects and programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities of the HR Assistant are essential in the daily execution of the position:
• Assist with meeting/conference arrangements and agenda preparation
• Assist with new store opening preparation
• Assist and oversee in the preparation of new hire orientation packets
• Holds introduction meetings with new Executives
• Gathers and assembles weekly HR news for corporate and field management
• Prepare written communications as needed, including general letters, mail merge, overnight mail, and is responsible for printed HR materials
• Maintains corporation’s organizational charts
• Updates Intranet
• Initiates collection letters and activities
• Manages compliance postings at all facilities
• Handles relocation administration
• Coordinate all travel arrangements for executive candidates, Directors of Board, CHRO, and HR Staff and process expense reports
• Provide administrative, organization and project support to CHRO, VP of HR and Director of HR
• Facilitate VP incoming/outgoing mail
• Process departmental invoices for payment
• General contact point for department’s office supply needs and copier/facsimile repairs
• Provide general support to HR department as required
• Communication – Communicates effectively using oral and written language to convey information clearly and effectively. Speaks clearly and expresses self well in groups and in one-on-one conversations. Listens willingly to concerns expressed by others and takes appropriate action. Keeps people informed of decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills – Relates well with others in an open, candid, consistent, and professional manner. Works to understand the views of others to ensure effective, collaborative business efforts. Actively works to build credibility with all colleagues, customers, and partners.
• Proven leadership skills – Proactively identifies opportunities to add value beyond what is required. Readily accepts responsibility for leading and managing work, creates a “can do” climate, promotes and maintains enthusiasm, builds credibility to influence decisions, and ensures organizational collaboration.
• Flexibility/Adaptability to Change – Readily adapts to changing priorities, ideas, strategies, procedures, and methods. Displays openness to analyzing methods for completing work, modifying work to ensure maximized productivity and results, and implementing new methods to ensure maximum organizational value.
• Strategic Problem Solving/Analytical Ability/Decision Making – Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data, situations, and information, while considering the strategic/organizational impact of alternative solutions. Actively explores innovative, creative, and/or collaborative solutions to issues.
• Responsibility/Accountability – Acts like a business owner; builds relationships, formulates decisions, assesses business impact, pursues opportunities for improvement, and responds to the needs of the Company. Assumes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
• Experience with general administrative functions
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• At least 3 – 5 years prior experience to executive in a direct support position
• High school diploma or greater; basic office proficiency with related experience
• Ability to function in a multi task environment and be detail oriented
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of tack and diplomacy
• Willingness and ability to adapt to change