• The Associate Relations Specialist provides assistance to associates and managers in the interpretation of policies, procedures and guidelines. Also, this role serves as a liaison with department managers and associates regarding employee relations issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Counsel Managers on effective ways of resolving associate relations issues that are supported by the Company’s policies and guidelines.
• Monitor and administer progressive discipline up to and including approval for termination.
• Answer questions regarding HR policies and procedures.
• Provides guidance to managers regarding their associate’s performance and assist with appropriate performance improvement plan.
• Investigate associate concerns and work with management to maintain a positive environment.
• Analyze issues, resolve issues and make timely decisions.
• Partner with employment attorney to discuss complex associate issues.
• Provides training to managers regarding discipline.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Communication – Communicates effectively using oral and written language to convey information clearly and effectively. Speaks clearly and expresses self well in groups and in one-on-one conversations. Listens willingly to concerns expressed by others and takes appropriate action. Keeps people informed of decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills – Relates well with others in an open, candid, consistent, and professional manner. Works to understand the views of others to ensure effective, collaborative business efforts. Actively works to build credibility with all colleagues, customers, and partners.
• Proven leadership skills – Proactively identifies opportunities to add value beyond what is required. Readily accepts responsibility for leading and managing work, creates a “can do” climate, promotes and maintains enthusiasm, builds credibility to influence decisions, and ensures organizational collaboration.
• Flexibility/Adaptability to Change – Readily adapts to changing priorities, ideas, strategies, procedures, and methods. Displays openness to analyzing methods for completing work, modifying work to ensure maximized productivity and results, and implementing new methods to ensure maximum organizational value.
• •trategic Problem Solving/Analytical Ability/Decision Making – Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data, situations, and information, while considering the strategic/organizational impact of alternative solutions. Actively explores innovative, creative, and/or collaborative solutions to issues.
• Responsibility/Accountability – Acts like a business owner; builds relationships, formulates decisions, assesses business impact, pursues opportunities for improvement, and responds to the needs of the Company. Assumes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelors Degree with 5 years related work experience.
• Working knowledge of Human Resources disciplines, including associate relations and performance management practices.
• Working knowledge of employment laws.
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
• Pleasant and helpful approach.