The primary function of the Associate Buyer is to provide support to the Home Entertainment merchandising division with purchasing, marketing and inventory management. They will also have full buying responsibilities for specific product categories. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Home Entertainment. Must exhibit regular on time attendance for all scheduled shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
By implementing the following duties and responsibilities, and by performing related work as required, the Associate Buyer, Home Entertainment, will be able to perform their job function as outlined:
• Accountability for buying specific merchandise lines or sublines as designated by the V.P.
• Manages workflow of advertising creation and ad planners.
• Creates, prepares and processes purchasing documents, enters or edits purchase order data within purchasing system.
• Prepare and maintain buyer assortment lineups, pricing strategies and pricing documentation.
• Track product orders and communicate with vendors, warehouses and trucking companies to insure sales, product and advertising goals are met.
• Maintain pricing strategies.
• Prepare weekly and monthly sales and financing reports.
• Prepare and communicate departmental strategies and advertising updates to stores.
• Manage purchasing within a multi-facility distribution network.
• Interact with and assist corporate and divisional departments to insure all business strategies are followed.
• Manages and coordinates in-store displays.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Demonstrate integrity and honesty at all times.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic and good time management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Basic computer skills required.
• Maintain complete and accurate records of all negotiations, commitments and responsibilities with respect to product assortment