The Manager in Training (MIT) position is a structured training program. Upon successful completion and certification of the training program, the individual will be placed into a permanent management role within a distribution center based on past experience and current availability. The basic function is to learn all aspects of how the distribution center operates in preparation for a manager role. Understanding the distribution center operations hinges on learning how the various departments intertwine with each other. A "big picture" mentality should develop at the inception of training and exposure to the different departments is the initial step to build this knowledge. The MIT is expected to understand how the various operational components and functions directly impact each other.
Once placed into a permanent role the following apply:
The Distribution Center Manager role will be responsible to direct the efficient and cost-effective operations of a department(s) within one of hhgregg distribution centers. Oversees a variety of logistics functions which include warehouse and distribution operations, the receipt and storage of goods, order-filling, and shipping, This role may administer home delivery operations, product service, reverse logistics, overall inventory management, productivity, accuracy, loss prevention programs and overall customer service for both internal customers and direct consumers,
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are essential in the daily execution of the position:
• Oversees internal teams and directs associates in performing day to day logistics operations.
• Provide quality internal and external customer service by handling any needs, issues, or concerns that may arise.
• Assist with the development and execution of all procedures involved with loading, unloading, and scanning as well as product movement and replenishment processes.
• Demonstrate knowledge of security procedures to ensure a controlled inventory process.
• Perform special projects related to process improvement, cost reductions, improving customer service and generating other efficiencies.
• Manages customer order fulfillment process from order taking through delivery
• Ensures continuous improvement and high quality standards
• Coordinates inbound and / or outbound activities
• Implements safety, security, and housekeeping programs
• Responsible for accurate inventory and productivity levels
• Hires, supervises, schedules and trains associates
• Customer Service: Leads the organization in using customers' wants and needs to screen all decisions and actions; ensures that the customer's perspective is taken fully into account. Creates and reinforces a customer service mindset throughout the organization.
• Developing Associates: Provides frequent, constructive feedback to continually improve performance. Grows talent by coaching for execution; provides frequent, candid and direct feedback to others. Give others feedback on both their results and on how they achieved those results.
• Business Knowledge: Focuses intensely on using levers that drives profitable sales, margins and expense control. Invest dollars and resources that achieve the greatest returns.
• Sense of Urgency: Holds associates responsible for their actions and results. Acts with urgency when resolving associate, customer, or business problems.
• Team Skills: Values diverse people; shares ideas, communicates honestly and respects others. Communicates effectively with others from diverse backgrounds and perspectives and adjusts communication style as appropriate. Builds mutual understanding, consensus and support among team members by communicating in a way that promotes understanding and commitment.
• Change Initiative: Drives change that aligns with strategic priorities. Makes and communicates fact-based decisions. Takes initiative to build own awareness and understanding about business reasons for change.
• Problem solving Skills: Creates a "can-do" environment; encourages others to be enthusiastic, about identifying opportunities, solving problems, dealing with change, and executing with speed and purpose. Helps associates envision personal benefits and positive outcome of change. Makes decisions quickly based on available information and appropriate assessment of risk.
• Two Way Communication Skills: Communicates to team and keeps team abreast of information needed to perform their job. Creates and environment where people feel free to speak open and candidly. Sets the stage for productive conversations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS;
• Must be willing to work a schedule that the needs of the customers.
• 3 -5 years of management / supervisory experience preferred
• College Education preferred
• Ability to relocate
• Technical skills including, general computer skills, Microsoft Office, knowledge of material handling equipment, WMS system functions, supply chain flows, logistics operations, and general retail knowledge.
Job Classification: Light
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and / or a negligible amount of force constantly ( Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the actual weighted limits for this job are exerting up to 10 pounds occasionally and 11-100 pounds minimally it is rated as Light work due to the constant standing and walking. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light work.
• Minimal - climbing, crawling, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination
• Occasional - sitting, handling, grasping
• Frequent - stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching
• Constant - standing, walking, talking, hearing