The basic function of the builder commercial representative is to develop new relationships and maintain existing relationships with local business’s that will purchase products from hhgregg and or refer their customer base to hhgregg for purchases’. A customer base of Custom Single Family Builders, Realtors, Remodelers, Cabinet Companies and local Business to Business type customers to be run through the stores. Business is developed through the use of a Customer Lead Data Base and contact system. Data Base is used to track all communication with the business and their referred client base. This position is designed to provide top quality guest assistance and customer service that far exceeds that of our competitors. Solicit appliance and electronics sales contacts and represent the company and the manufacturers we deal with as a liaison between builders, contractors, their clients and ourselves. Must exhibit regular on time attendance for all scheduled shifts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are essential in the daily execution of the position:
• Partner with the Territory Commercial Manager (TCM) to exchange business leads. TCM supplies store leads and BCR provides direct sales leads to the TCM.
• On a daily basis reach out to new potential business leads and existing business customers through phone calls, emails and other forms of communications.
• Maintain detailed / accurate communication notes and other needed information with in the commercial database on a daily basis. Follow all company guidelines as to the maintaining of the data base.
• Utilize all company provided documents to track leads, orders and new accounts.
• Attend local builder & other business association meetings to network within the community.
• Accurately input and submit a Daily BCR Report to the BCR Manager.
• Continue to seek out new business leads through internet, publications, referrals and other sources in order to grow the data base.
• Understand and follow guidelines as to what constitutes Store Commercial Business vs. Direct Commercial Business. Apartments / Multifamily are not handled through stores (BCR)
• Greet customers from the point sincerely and enthusiastically without pressuring or becoming overbearing. Constantly look for and approach customers
• Qualify the customer through listening and questioning.
• Show the customer the features and benefits that support customer needs established during the qualifying process. Explain various features as the customer uses the merchandise while continuing to qualify and eliminate objections
• Consistently asks for the sale with every customer in the proper amount of time.
• Help customers make an informed decision based on their needs and wants with the best product knowledge.
• Stay up-to-date with all technology and product information.
• Keep up-to-date on stock levels and current promotions.
• Accurately input all sales orders and track them through the delivery or pickup process.
• Stay up-to-date with all technology and product information
• Keep up-to-date on stock levels and strategies
• Excellent Customer Service
• Strong Communication and Time Management Skills
• Ability to work with others in a team environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Flexible schedule required. Ability to work schedules based on the needs of our customers.
• Basic computer skills
• Minimum two years retail or customer service experience preferred
Job Classification: Medium
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light work.
Minimal – climbing, handling, grasping, repetitive motions
Occasional – reaching, sitting
Frequent – stopping, kneeling, crouching
Constant – talking, hearing, standing, walking