This position is a member of a team of IT professionals that Project Manages I.T. construction projects, installs, and maintains end user devices, for all hhgregg facilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are essential in the daily execution of the position:
• Maintain Cat 5e and Cat 6 data cabling infrastructures for hhgregg locations.
• Install and Configure
• IP Video Surveillance systems
• Install Cisco IP phones and Cisco Network gear
• Provide technology break/fix support for technology installed existing stores
• Maintain overhead paging systems
• Project manage I.T. aspects of new store constructions / remodels
• Customer Service: Leads the organization in using customers’ wants and needs to screen all decisions and actions; ensures that the customer’s perspective is taken fully into account. Creates and reinforces a customer service mindset throughout the organization.
• Business Knowledge: Focuses intensely on using levers that drive profitable sales, margins and expense control. Invests dollars and resources that achieve the greatest returns.
• Sense of Urgency: Responsible for their actions and results. Acts with urgency when resolving associate, customer or business problems.
• Team Skills: Values diverse people; shares ideas, communicates honestly and respects others. Communicates effectively with others from diverse backgrounds and perspectives and adjusts communication style, as appropriate. Builds mutual understanding, consensus and support among team members by communicating in a way that promotes understanding and commitment.
• Change Initiative: Drives changes that align with strategic priorities. Makes and communicates fact-based decisions. Takes initiative to build own awareness and understanding about the business reasons for change.
• Problem Solving Skills: Creates a “can-do” environment; encourages others to be enthusiastic about identifying opportunities, solving problems, dealing with change and executing with speed and purpose. Helps associates envision personal benefits and positive outcome of change. Makes decisions quickly based on available information and appropriate assessment of risk.
• Two Way Communication Skills: Communicates to team and keeps team abreast of information needed to perform their job. Creates an environment where people feel free to speak open and candidly. Sets the stage for productive conversations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Desktop hardware and software maintenance
• Must not be fearful of heights or closed spaces
• Must have the ability to recognize and install multicolored wires
• Must have the ability to lift materials weighing 50 plus lbs.
• Experience with Lan, Wireless, and PC deployment / configuration required
• Extensive travel within the Midwest and Eastern United States
• Be able to project a professional image
• Clean driving record
• High School Diploma
• Technical College a Plus
• I.T. related Degree a Plus